28 dic 2014

ROLE -PLAY IN PHARMACY. SOME HOMEWORK FOR TUESDAY...

Sample Conversation with a Pharmacist (OTC Medicine)

Pharmacist:   Hello.  Can I help you?
Student:          Yes. I have {________________). I need an over-the-counter/ some                                           medicine. [Describe your problem and ask for some medicine.]
                        Do you have one?
Pharmacist:   Yes. We have one right here.
Student:          What is the medicine’s name?  [Ask about the medicine.]
Pharmacist:   It is [_______________].
Student:          Thank you.  How much can I take?  [Ask about the dosage.]
Pharmacist:   It says on the label that you can take 1 tablet.
Student:          Okay.  How often should I take it?
Pharmacist:   Every 4 hours.
Student:          Do I need to take it with food? [Ask about when to take the medicine.]   
Pharmacist:   You need to take it with food. That’s on the label, do you see it?
Student:          Yes. I can see that now.
                         Is it safe to take with alcohol? [Ask a lot of questions.]
Pharmacist:   It’s better to avoid alcoholic drinks when you take this medicine.                        
Student:          Is this a generic medicine?  Is there a cheaper one? [Ask about generic medicine.]
Pharmacist:   No, sorry, this is not the generic one. The generic one is on Aisle 9.  Can you                                    find it?
Student:          I think so. I have another question.
                        Can my child take this medicine? [Ask about dosage for children.]
Pharmacist:   No, your child should take special children’s medicine. This is for adults only.
Student:          Are there side effects?  [Ask about side effects.]
Pharmacist:   Not really. It’s very safe. But if you don’t get better, go to your doctor.
Student:          Thank you for your help.
Pharmacist:   You are welcome.

Sample Conversation with a Pharmacist (Prescription Medicine)

Pharmacist:   Hello.  Can I help you? How are you feeling?
Student:          Yes, please help me. I have a prescription. Can you fill it for me?
Pharmacist:   Yes. We can do that. Can you wait 5 minutes?
Student:          Okay.
Pharmacist:    Here is your prescription. Have you had this medicine before?
Student:          No. I haven’t.
                        What is the name of the medicine?
Pharmacist:   It is [_______________].
Student:          Thank you.  How much can I take? 
Pharmacist:   It says on the directions that you should take 2 capsules.
Student:          Okay. Two capsules.
                        How often should I take it?
Pharmacist:   Every 4 hours.
Student:          Is it safe to take with alcohol?
Pharmacist:   No, you can not.
Student:          Do I need to take it with food?  
Pharmacist:   It is fine to take it with or without food.
Student:          Okay.
                        Is this the cheapest one? Is this a generic medicine? 
Pharmacist:   This is a generic.  It is less expensive.  Do you want a different one?
Student:          No, I want the generic one.
                        Can my baby take this medicine?
Pharmacist:   No, your baby can not take your prescription. It’s only for you.
Student:          Are there side effects? 
Pharmacist:   Yes, you may get drowsy. Be careful when you drive.
Student:          I understand. Thank you.
Pharmacist:   You are welcome.


1 comentario :

  1. sildenafil 100 mg The basic duty of a pharmacist is to check prescriptions from physicians before dispensing the medication to the patients to ensure that the patients don't receive the wrong drugs or take an incorrect dose of medicine.

    ResponderEliminar